AFCAT Selection Process: Indian Air Force (IAF) recruits Commissioned Officers in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non Technical) Branches through Air AFCAT Eligibility Criteria. Education : Graduation (min 3 years) in any discipline with min 60% marks and have passed Maths and Physics as subject at 10+2 level B.E/ B.Tech from a recognized University with min 60% marks. AFCAT exam can only give you short service commission in flying branches for 14 years with no further extension. No permanent commission for flying branches but for aeronautical branch and ground duty branches you will have the choice between PC and SSC. To be eligible for AFCAT exam, you must fulfill the following conditions. Age Limit: You must be between 20 to 26 years of age for Ground Duty/Technical Branch and 20 to 24 years of age for Flying branch as on 1st January 2019.
AFCAT selection Process:-
Below is the AFCAT 1 selection process step wise.
STEP 1- AFCAT : Selection procedure for AFCAT STEP
- All the candidates who are eligible for AFCAT examand submitted the application form successfully will be called for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) and Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) which is being conducted twice in a year.
Candidates who clear the written exams (AFCAT) successfully and get short listed for next round (SSB) will be called at Air Force Selection Boards (AFSCs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi for further testing.
All the shortlisted candidates will receive call later to report to any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar, Mysore and Kancharapara.
STEP 2-SSB : Selection procedure for AFCAT STEP
SSB interview selection process at AFSC is basically being conducted in two stages, Stage 1 and stage 2:
- Stage 1: Day 1 Stage 1 is generally called screening test .Stage 1 comprises of Officer Intelligence rating Test, Picture perception and Discussion Test. Once you cleared the Stage 1, You will go through the documents check to ascertain the eligibility for the
Day 2- All the stage 1 qualified candidates will undergo stage 2 testing for the next three to four days. Day2 : CPSS / PABT * (for Flying Branch) followed by Psychological test will be conducted. Psychological Tests is a written test which is being conducted by a Psychologist
- Day 3- GTO Test, Group tasks are conducted under the supervision of Group Testing Officer (GTO), the first task among these tasks is Group Discussion (GD), in this the group is provided with ssb gd topics and they candidates have to undergo in an informal friendly discussion based on the ssb gd topics.(Indoor)
- Progressive Group Task PGT (OUTDOOR)
- PGT is about set of obstacles in ground in a specified area in that team members should cross each obstacle defined by set of rules. To cross those obstacles, some helping materials are given by the G.T.O. i.e. Balli (wooden log), Plank, and rope to tie these. The difficulty of the task increases from one obstacle to another in a progressive manner. So it is named as Progressive Group Task
- Day 4– Personal InterView In this its all about you, the interviewing officer will ask you questions about yourself about your city, family, likes&dislikes etc.
- Day 5- Result
STEP 3-MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS: Selection procedure for AFCAT
- All those who have sailed through step 2 and get a recommendation by SSB will be kept for medical examination
- Medical Examination will be either at Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi or Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru.
STEP 4-ALL INDIA MERIT LIST: Final Selection process of AFCAT
- At final step An All India Merit List will be declared.
- This list is compiled on the basis of your performance in the written test and AFSB interview, subject to being medically fit.
- Also the merit list depends on the vacancies available in various branches / sub branches, joining instructions are issued to join one of the Training establishments.
AFCAT Notification and Exam Date 2019
- Date of Notification: June, 2019
- Start of receipt of applications: June, 2019
- Expected date of result: Sept 2019
Trishul Defence Academy
Head Office Address: Allahabad/ Prayagraj Head Office Address: Gaytri Dham Behind Max Mall Milan Tower
Contact No: 8400083030
Bareilly Address: 35A, Civil Lines, Chauki Chauraha Near Amaya Hotel, Bareilly (U.P)
Contact No: 9690502728, 9412334730
Ranchi Address: 6th Floor, Jagnath Tower, Near- Hari Om Tower, 403, Circular Road Lalpur, Ahirtoli, Ranchi (Jharkand)
Contact No: 9934113030
Online Admission Link
Online Test Series
TAD Publications (For Books Purchase)
Follow us on
Facebook : trishuldefenceacademy
Subscribe Our Youtube Channel: Trishul Defence Academy