Many soldiers laid their lives for the nations and ready to sacrifice for the country, but these brave hearts soldiers and their sacrifices are still engraved in the collective memory of the country.
Trishul Defence Academy salutes this Patriotism and as a matter of respect, Trishul Defence Academy has created a blog in which aspirants gets a chance to learn more about the War Heroes. . Lets read about them and remember them in Our Prayers.
In the year 1999 when Pakistani intruders infiltrated in the country by the help of the Pakistani Army, they captured the Indian bunkers. The motive of Pakistani intruders is to stop Indian forces in Kargil and Ladakh. Various army troops were sent to dive intruders. 1/11 Gorkha regiment is also sent for the same cause.
Lieutenant Manoj Pandey and his company also proceed for the Kargil. Being in the field area he was promoted to the rank of Captain.
Info bit of Captain Manoj Pandey
- Captain Manoj Pandey born in the house of Shri Gopi Chand and Smt. Mohini Pandey who lives in Rudra village in Kamlapur tehsil of Sitapur district in Uttar Pradesh.
- He was the eldest child in his family.
- And completed his education from UP Sainik School, Lucknow and Rani Laxmi Bai Memorial Senior Secondary School.
- He was very interested in sports , bodybuilding .
- In his selection during SSB interview interviewer had asked him, “Why do you want to join the Army?” He had immediately replied, “I want to win the Param Vir Chakra.”
Kargil War, 1999
In May 1999, the Pakistani intruders already captured across LOC in the sectors of Mushkoh, Drass, Kaksar, and Batalik sectors. Due to distance, at many points, no artillery and no air power would help to detect and fought with the enemy forces, due to invisibility range.
Therefore The Indian forces have to send soldiers for direct assaults.
From such missions one mission is also assigned to 1/11 GR to took over Khalubar. This task is assigned to the troops whose commanding is done by Captain Manoj Pandey. He also took part as a team in capturing Jaubar post .
When Captain Manoj was moving ahead to the feet of 19700 on the way to Khalubar the enemy force began to fire from both side of hillock. Captain Manoj first of all took his soldiers to save and advantagenous place , then he planned further movement . He sent one troops to right and from other side i.e. left he himself proceed with the soldiers.
Captain Manoj charged to the enemy by saying following words and clear two enemy bunkers
.“Jai Mahakali, Aayo Gorkhali”
While clearing the third bunker a bullets shots him on body . Inspite of being badly injured he proceeded and destroyed the fourth bunker where he himself targets on his head. He was 24 years at the time of his death.
The troops under him get control over six bunkers and killed many enemy soldiers. He is a devotee man who after almost injured from all over his body still proceeded to destroy enemy.
- UP Sainik School names his assembly after Manoj pandey.
- As Captain Manoj at his school time is interested in sports so UP Sainik school conducts a football tounament every year on the name of Cpt. Manoj
- Army welfare housing Organization also desined the veteran apartment after his name as ” Manoj Vihar”
- The National Defence Academy names their science block as “Manoj Pandey block”
- The roundabout in Gomti nagar at Lucknow is named after him as Manoj Pandey Chowk.
- The Army quarter in Pune is also name after him as “Captain Manoj Pandey Enclave”.
- In Drass, a museum is also named after him.
- In the memories of him Rani laxmi bai memorial senior secondary school also constructed an auditorium in his name which was inaugurated by his parents.
Captain Manoj Pandey for his extreme bravery and courage got the India’s highest gallantry award Param Vir Chakra posthumously. He fulfills his words of getting Param vir Chakra .
Students and Fellow Readers it is so easy to write about them or hear about them but this act of sacrificing one’s own life for others needs courage which only a few men have. Let us all salute these men and see them as Our Role Models.
Trishul Defence Academy Addresses
Corporate office: -Gayatri Dham Building, Milan Tower, Behind Max Mall, Civil Lines, Prayagraj (U.P.) 211001, Contact: 8400083030
Branch Offices :
AGRA:- 16,17,18 Balaji Complex Silver City, Gwalior Road Agra Cantt
Contact : 6399013030
BAREILLY:– 35A Civil Lines, Chauki Chauraha, Near Amaya Hotel, Bareilly (U.P.) Contact : 9690502728
RANCHI:- 6th Floor Jagganath Tower, 403, Circular Road, Lalpur, Ahirtoli, Ranchi (Jharkhand) Contact: 9934113030
GWALIOR:- 106 MLB colony, Near Miss school, Padav, Gwalior Contact: 6262063030
Mail us at– firstname.lastname@example.org