What are the procedures done during the Medical Tests in Indian Armed Forces
For people who don’t know the procedure of Indian Armed Forces, when any doctor finds some point in your medical (no matter how big the defect is) they don’t give you permanent rejection instead they give you temporary rejection under which you are given a time period of 42 days to prove your medical fitness in any of the few given command hospitals across the country.
The candidate is supposed to choose any one hospital from given list after his medicals as per his convenience.
So the medical is done by 5 different specialists.
- ENT:Ear, nose and throat. They check very basic things and any person who has never had any bad experience will clear it. Hardly anyone is rejected in this.
Common Points of rejection: Hole in ear membrane and something with nose bone
- EYE:Common tests for vision and colour blindness etc. Eyesight is checked along with your specs but the power of your specs should be in the permissible limits which are based on the type of entry.
Common points of rejection: Colour blindness, weak eyesight.
- Dental:Normal check-up, rarely anyone gets rejected. If you have a full grown set of teeth without any problems you are good.
Common Points of rejection: Though if you are ever advised to wear braces then you might have a problem.
- Surgery:Here you will be asked to take off all your clothes and the surgeon will examine you from bottom to top for knock knees, any previous injuries, deviation of arms, anus, hernia.
Common points of rejection: Permissible limit is 15 degrees (for boys) but they approve you up to 17 degrees. This is the most unexpected medical point people come across as they have no idea about this before coming to SSB.
Any severe fractures in any body part which resulted in permanent deformation.
- Medical: Height, weight, chest, BP, ECG (in special cases) etc.
Common Points of rejection: Over weight (very common), heart/BP problems (rare).
Chest x-ray for lungs, ultrasound for kidney stone, liver problems, blood test, urine test are also done and results are examined. Hardly anything is pointed out in any of these tests. Kidney stone is found sometimes in some candidates which is very much treatable.
Let me tell you my friends, anyone who has attended SSB and spent those 5 days there will agree with me about that experience being totally amazing and learning even if you are not selected.
Getting recommended is a far greater thing. Same mess staff who used to ask you to stand in line starts treating you differently. The way other candidates look at you just because you have a ‘+’ sign on your chest number cannot be described in words. When you go to MH (Medical Hospital) for medicals most of the people who are already wearing uniform call you “aap” and “sir” (not the officers of course).
That feeling when your chest number is called out after the conference and way other candidates look at you is just priceless. The confidence that you gain cannot be bought from a mall. A recommended person can face anything, any kind of interview, any test without fear.
So for anyone who has this feeling of patriotism, Trishul Defence Academy, No.1 Academy of Allahabad & Lucknow, will help you to provide a proper guidance in your journey of becoming a soldier of Indian Armed Forces.
For Any Other Query call: 8400083030