Difference Between Indian Navy AA & SSR: Join Indian Navy invites application for the recruitment of sailors for Indian Navy twice a year. It is supposed to be a dream job for many Young Indians desiring to be an Armed Force Personnel.
Indian Navy mostly recruits candidates of Technical background only. But although being a student of technical stream many other criteria differentiate these candidates.
The same applied for Navy’s sailor recruitment too. Indian Navy invites application for sailors in two categories, termed Navy AA and Navy SSR.
Many of the students might get confused between the two because of same nature of selection criteria and educational qualification. But despite of these, both of them differ from each other.
Just to clear the confusions regarding the same, In this article we are going to do a comparative analysis of both the jobs i.e. Indian Navy AA and SSR.
- AA – Artificer Apprentice
- SSR – Senior Secondary Recruit
QUALIFICATION & AGE REQUIREMENT:
- AA :-Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
- The age for Artificer Apprentice (AA) should be between 17-20 years on the day of enrolment.
- SSR :-Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
- The age for SSR should be between 17-20 years on the day of enrolment.
Unlike AA there is no percentage boundation in SSR.
- Computer-Based Examination,
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and
- Height : 157 CMS
- Running : 1.6 Km Completed in 07 Minutes.
- Squat Ups (Uthak Baithak) : 20 Times
- Push Ups : 10 Times
- Medical Examinations
There is no such difference in the selection procedure of Navy AA/SSR examination.
TRAINING & ADVANCEMENT:
- AA:- Selected candidates will undergo Nine weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade at various Naval Training Establishments. Branch/ Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
- SSR:-Candidates selected will undergo 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch/ Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
- AA:-The job specification of an artificer (as per specialization) includes working on steam powered machinery, diesel and gas turbines, guided missiles and other automatically controlled weapons, sensors avionic equipment, computers and highly advanced radio and electrical power systems.
- SSR:-The work is divided amongst different teams that do different kinds of jobs. It could be operations of various equipment such as radars, sonars or communications or firing of weapons such as missiles, guns or rockets.
- AA :-Artificer Apprentices undergo various professional courses as per Service requirement. The Indian Navy Artificer Apprenticeship Diploma is also recognized by the Ministry of Human Resources Development.
- SSR:-Candidate may undergo various professional courses as per service requirement and certificates of equivalent qualifications from various Universities are being awarded on successful completion of courses. A candidate will get “Graduation Equivalent Certificate” on retirement after completion of 15 years of service.
- A SSR candidate has to wait more for a promotion as compared to an AA candidate. In case of AA, Promotion are faster within 10 years you would be a Promoted to Chief Petty Officer( CPO).
- AA :-Artificer Apprentices have to serve at least 20 yrs to be eligible for pension.
- SSR:-15 yrs are necessary to be eligible for pension for lifetime.
for being more technical job , the salary for AA is better than SSR.
- AA :-Around 35000 Rs.
- SSR:-Around 38000 Rs..n
CONCLUSION: On concluding we can say that overall both are good. It just depends on you where you want to work. SSR is a less technical job as compared to AA. If you are technically strong and have good technical knowledge we would recommend you AA examination.
In case of any further query regarding Navy AA/SSR or any other defence Examination, feel free to contact Trishul Defence Academy or get free counselling at your nearest center of Trishul Defence Academy.
Trishul Defence Academy Addresses
Corporate office: -Gayatri Dham Building, Milan Tower, Behind Max Mall, Civil Lines, Prayagraj (U.P.) 211001, Contact: 8400083030
Branch Offices :
AGRA:- 16,17,18 Balaji Complex Silver City, Gwalior Road Agra Cantt
Contact : 6399013030
BAREILLY:– 35A Civil Lines, Chauki Chauraha, Near Amaya Hotel, Bareilly (U.P.) Contact : 9690502728
RANCHI:- 6th Floor Jagganath Tower, 403, Circular Road, Lalpur, Ahirtoli, Ranchi (Jharkhand) Contact: 9934113030
GWALIOR:- 106 MLB colony, Near Miss school, Padav, Gwalior Contact: 6262063030
Mail us at– email@example.com