The Indian Military Nursing Services, is an exam conducted by Directorate General of Medical Services (Indian Army). The motto is admission to 4 years BSc (Nursing) course at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services. It is a part of Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS) of the Indian Army. On successful completion of Nursing Training (4years), the candidates will be granted permanent/short service commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission. It is a commissioned level examination applicable only for women candidates.
Women citizens of India who have passed higher secondary i.e. class 12th , MSc (Nursing) /PB, BSc (Nursing) from any recognized University . Also a registered Nurse and Midwife from a State Nursing Council can apply for MNS entry.
There are two ways for MNS viz. after 12th,& After graduat ion i.e. ( B.Sc)
The procedure for After 12th class is:
Entrance exam → Medical→ Interview merit list → Basic BSc Nursing through different college or school of nursing in army.
Secondly, BSc Nursing degree from civil college. In this the candidate has to give the Entrance exam and then she joins as commissioned officer as SSC.
- After Filling the online application form Eligible applicants will be called for an Objective type written test. It is of 90 minutes duration, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence.
- As per the merit and on the basis of written test the candidates will be called for interview
- After the interview, the recommended candidates will appear for Medical examination.
- Final selection will be based on combined merit of Written test & Interview, subject to Medical fitness
- The written test for Indian Military Nurse Service Exam is of 100 marks and will consist of objective type questions based the following.
- General English
- General Intelligence
MNS Eligibility Conditions:
- unmarried/divorcee/legally separated or widow female candidates without encumbrances.
- Nationality –Indian
- Age → 17 yrs – 24 yrs
Educational Qualification :
- Candidates must have passed in the first attempt, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from Recognized Board /University/ Examination Body.
- Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the course.
- As per standards applicable for commission in the Armed Forces the Medical fitness will be determined. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done.
- Minimum height – 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of north East candidates).
- For an objective type written test of 90 minutes duration covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence the Eligible applicants will be called .
- Final selection will be based on the combined merit of written test & interview, subject to medical fitness.
- College will offer Admissions on the
- After the interview, the recommended candidates will appear for medical examination before a Special Medical Board (SMB).
- The President of the Medical board will inform the declared FIT/UNFIT Candidates . It will also include the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD.
Below listed are the various ranks of the MNS i.e. Military Nursing Service in ascending order.
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Major General
After the Indian Army B.Sc. Nursing 2020 entrance examination and meeting other important parameters (mentioned above), candidates will be able to get a seat in the following institutions and pursue the nursing course.
|Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
|Command Hospital Air Force, Bangalore
|Command Hospital (Central Command), Lucknow
|Command Hospital (Eastern Command), Kolkata
|Army Hospital (Research & Referral), New Delhi