Group obstacle race is fourth task in the battery of GTO series and is also known as snake race. In this task all the GTO’s will bring their respective groups at a common place and a race will be conducted among the groups. The group is required to carry a snake (a canvas cloth rolled and filled with cotton or cloth pieces, assumed as a snake) through 6 obstacles. These obstacles are 14 feet wide and each obstacle will be having four sections (one for each group). Each group will be given a war cry by GTO e.g. Bharat mata ki jai, vande mataram, ye dil mange more etc.
These 6 obstacles will be in a row and their sequence will be as given below
- Single ramp: a ramp of wooden log which is around 7 feet long and inclined. The highest point of the ramp will be 5 feet.
- Figure of 8: candidates have to cross this obstacle using bar number 1, 2, 3 and making figure of 8. Snake also will make figure of 8 while crossing this obstacle.
- Spider web: candidates have to cross obstacle walking over the net made of ropes. The height of this task is 9 feet.
- Double wall: two walls of height 6 feet and 6 inches at a gap of 5 feet will be connected by wooden thick log from top. Candidates need to climb the first wall then cross the log to the next wall and then jump on the other side.
- Single wall: candidates have to cross a wall of height 8 feet.
- Giant slide: a goal post like structure which is 8 feet high, connected by a thick wooden log at one end having some attached woods to work like ladder and a slide on the other end.
Rules to be followed in G.O.R.
- Snake rule:
- Snake once lifted at starting line will not touch the ground unless group negotiate all 6 obstacles
- Snake will not be folded or rolled during race
- While negotiating any obstacle, minimum 3 members of your group should hold the rope and while negotiating the gap between two obstacles, all members of group should hold the snake.
- Snake will follow the same path which will be followed by group members.
- Colour rule: obstacle number 2, 3 and 6 will be painted by two colours (red and white), therefore candidates are allowed to touch red part of the obstacle.
- Group rule: no member of the group can approach next task unless all members of the group has not negotiated the previous task successfully.
Tips for candidates:
- Do not make unwanted distance from snake; try to hold it as much as possible.
- Remain an active member of group with good physical contribution for other group members.
- Keep cheering your group to do better
- Do not use harsh language or show aggressive nature for weaker members of your group.
- Do not block path for other members of your group.
- Keep motivating your group especially during punishments.
Join Trishul Defence Academy for SSB Interview Preparation
Trishul Defence Academy was set up in year 2003 by Late Wing Commander Anoop Mehrotra who himself was Ex NDA Ex GTo. In over 20 yrs Trishul Defence academy has given over 650 Selections toIndian Armed Forces and the Count is Still on..In Trishul Defence Academy SSB Classes are taken by Col Pankaj Mehrotra (Ex NDA,Ex IO) who himself has served as Dep President of Army SSB Board Allahabad and Bhopal. GTO Classes are being taken by Captain S K Sinngh, who is a GTO Expert. Trishul Defence Academy has its own GTO Ground. Come and Experience SSB Interview Classes of 21 days by the Best Team in Country
GTO Tasks & Activity
If You are Looking For SSB Coaching ,Come and Join Trishul Defence Academy…..
About the Accessors of SSB Interview In Trishul Defence Academy
Col Pankaj Mehrotra himself was Deputy President with Army Selection Board (Bhopal and Bangalore) and was Ex NDA and Ex IO.Complete Interview Technique and Psychological Technique is taught to Candidates under him..
Captain S.K. Singh is the GTO Expert With Trishul Defence Academy. Complete Technique is Taught by him with State Of Art Infrastructure, Updated GPE Models, Outdoor GTO Task and thorough techniques of use of Helping Materials is taught by him…
Abhinav Mehrotra son Of Late Wing Commander Anoop Mehrotra gives thorough Practice of Lecturette and Group Discussions everyday so that Personality of the Candidates can be Groomed
In 20 Years Trishul Defence Academy has given over 650 Officers to Indian Armed Forces and the Count is still on…. Join Trishul Defence Academy for Best SSB Interview Coaching and improve your chances of Selections…
Connect with Trishul Defence Academy for the latest updates, and notifications.
Call and connect with us to book a seat for yourself for the upcoming batch of 2023-24. Special discount offer on booking at the earliest.
For any query/inquiry, you can connect us via the following ways: –
Important Links –
Website – https://www.trishuldefenceacademy.com/
Blog Section – https://blog.trishuldefenceacademy.com/
Phone – 8400083030
Our Social Media Links:
Telegram – https://t.me/trishuldefenceupdates
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/trishuldefenceacademy
Address: Ground Floor, Gayatri Dham, Millan Tower, Civil Lines, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211001