How Women Can Join Indian Air force ?
How Women can Join Indian Airforce – Women can join indian air force through different ways like Graduate or Post Graduate can make a career in Indian Air Force. So let’s look at all the Three Career Options for Female Defence Aspirants in Indian Air Force:
B.E/ B.Tech students can apply in any of the branches. Graduates from other areas of Specialization like LLB, B.Com can apply to the Ground Duty branch or the flying branch. For applying to the flying branch the candidates should have studied Maths and Physics in 12th standard. The age limit varies depending on the post applied for. The minimum height required to apply to flying branch is 162.5 cm and for the others is 152 cms.
Women can join the Air Force through any of the two options
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) : Short Service Commission Entry in Flying Branch
- As a Graduate/ Engineer, candidates can enter the Flying branch through the Air Force Academy where shortlisted candidates are trained as a Fighter pilot or a Helicopter pilot or a Transport pilot and are part of various peace and wartime missions. Candidates can apply through AFCAT for Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Flying Branch. Short Service Commission in Flying branch is for 14 years with no further extension..
Eligibility Criteria for AFCAT
|Age||20 to 24 years (at the time of commencement of course). The upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxed up to 26 years (at the time of commencement of course).|
|Educational Qualifications||– Minimum of 50% marks each in Maths & Physics at 10+2 level.
– Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR BE/B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
– Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
– Final Year students are also eligible to apply, provided they do not have any backlog at the time of AFSB Testing and produce Degree certificate issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement.
|Physical Standards||Check AFCAT 2023 Detail Physical Standards|
You can opt for the following branches by AFCAT exam:
1.Ground Duty Branches
Ground Duty Branches
Candidates who have Completed Graduation, LLB, CA, ICWA, M.Ed or Ph.D can apply for Suitable Post in Indian Air Force. Women have the option to join Administration and Logistics, Accounts or Education. The education qualification and age requirement for applying any of these sections are mentioned below.
- Eligibility Criteria : For Graduates: 20 to 23 years, Post Graduates: 20 to 25 years, LLB: 20 to 26 years, M.Ed/ PhD/ CA: 20 to 27 years.
Administration and Logistics: Graduate in any Stream from a Recognized University with Aggregate of 60% marks OR a Post Graduate degree/ diploma in any discipline from a recognized university with aggregate of minimum 60% marks.
Educational Qualification : Post Graduate degree in any discipline with aggregate of minimum 50% Marks.
Graduates applying for this section should have secured minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Their age should be between 20-23 years.
Post graduates applying should have secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate. The age limit to apply is 20-25 years.
Educational Qualification: Graduate Degree in any Commerce with an Aggregate of Minimum 60% marks OR a Post Graduate degree/ diploma in Commerce (M Com) / CA / ICWA with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks.
Candidates who have completed M.Com, CA or ICWA and secured minimum 50% marks in aggregate can apply. The age limit for those who have completed M.Com is 20-25 years. Age limit for CA and ICWA pass outs is 20-27 years.
The Age limit to apply for the Technical Branch is 18 – 28 years. Women can apply for the Aeronautical stream if they have Specialised in Electronics or Mechanical Stream During Graduation. The Candidate Should have Completed B.Tech, B.E or equivalent. Minimum 60% Marks in aggregate in all the Papers put together is must. The Height of the women applying to this branch should be atleast 152cm. The Weight of the Candidate Should be Correlated.
Age of the candidates applying for this post should be between 19 – 23 years. The Educational Qualification Required to apply to this stream is as follows:
Graduates in any stream can apply if they have studied Maths and Physics during 12th standard. They Should have Secured minimum 60% in aggregate in all the papers.
B.Tech/ B.E candidates can apply if they have Secured minimum 60% marks.
The Minimum Height to apply For this Branch is 162.5 cms
2. NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC)- Special Entry in Flying Branch
As an Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ Certificate holder of the National Cadet Corps, candidates apply to the Flying Branch of the Indian Air Force. Men & women can join the Air Force through this mode of entry. Permanent Commission offered for men and Short Service Commission for men and women.
Eligibility Criteria for NCC
|Age||20 to 24 years (at the time of commencement of course). The upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxed up to 26 years (at the time of commencement of course)|
|Educational Qualifications||– Minimum 50% marks in each in Maths & Physics at 10 + 2 level.
– Graduate (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
BE/B Tech (Four Year Course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
– Final Year/semester students are also eligible to apply, provided they do not have any present backlogs at the time of AFSB Testing and produce Degree certificate issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement.
– NCC Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ certificate and validity of the certificate would be two years before the date of advertisement.
JOIN TRISHUL DEFENCE ACADEMY TODAY FOR Best Airforce Coaching in Allahabad
With the inspiration of Trishul’s founder Late Wing Commander Anoop Mehrotra Sir, we proudly announce admissions for the Airforce X+Y Course for the academic session of 2022-23. Come join us today !!
Our dedicated and experienced faculty will provide the determined candidates with full overhaul training ranging from online classes, personality development sessions, crash course, physical training, mock tests, and much more.
Call and connect with us to book a seat for yourself for the upcoming batch of 2022-23. Special discount offer on booking at the earliest. For any query/inquiry you can connect us via the following ways: –
Official Website – https://trishuldefenceacademy.in/
Website – https://www.trishuldefenceacademy.com/
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/trishuldefenceacademy
Twitter – https://twitter.com/trishuldefence
Address- Gayatri Dham, Millan Tower Behind Max Mall, Civil Lines, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211001
Mobile No- 8400083030