Defence aspirants are very likely to come across the term Aide-De-Camp but not many know the full description related to this defence term. In this informative blog, we are going to discuss – What Is Aide-De-Camp? How Are They Selected? What Are Their Duties ? and much more.
Aide-De-Camp also abbreviated as ADC is an honorary official position in Indian Armed Forces. An ADC can belong to any of the three wings- Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Army. They act as assisting officers to senior officers with the objective of looking after day-to-day activities and check out the protocol maintenance. The senior officers with whom ADCs are attached include the Army Chief, Army Commanders, President of India and Governors of States.
An ADC is a “jack of all traits.” Army/Navy/Air Force officers are motivated to become an ADC.
An ADC can be a male as well as the female officer who should have an experience of 5-7 years serving in the Indian Armed Forces. An ADC is selected through a sophisticated appointment process. Here are the appointment details of ADC –
ADC Appointment Details
- An ADC is selected thoroughly on the basis of service performance and interview.
- The appointment for ADC is done through Internal Selection Process.
- Best Officers having 5 years of service in Air Force/Navy/AArmy are selected.
- An ADC has a Captain/Major or equivalent rank in Air Force and Indian Navy.
- Appointment Period of an ADC is 3 years.
How To Identify an ADC?
An Aide-De-Camp In India can be identified by the specific uniform shoulder board which can be seen by the bright golden colour. An ADC is also identifiable by Aiguillette on his or her uniform ( a cord with metal tips or lace tags, or the decorative tip itself).
Duties Of An ADC ?
Following are the duties of an Aide-De-Camp in India:-
- An ADC ensures the safety and security of the senior officer he or she is attached with.
- An ADC coordinates with the local military authorities/local police.
- Fixes meetings of the senior officers (President of India, Governor, Army Chief etc)
- Looks after the suspicious activity around the concerned area of senior officers.
- Being the protocol officer, an ADC ensures execution of every protocol.
- Arranges and organizes the visitor’s list, meetings, hosts.
- Schedules official trips and tours.
- Maintains the annual calendar and trip itineraries.
Who Has How Many ADCs ?
- President Of India has 5 aides-de-camp. (3 from Army, 1 each from Navy and Air Force)
- Governor Of States have two aides-de-camp (1 from Army, 1 from State Police Services)
- Chief Of Army Staff (COAS), Chief of Naval Staff (CONS) and Chief of Air Staff (CAS)
That’s the wrap of this interesting detailed blog related to “Aide-De-Camp”. We hope that you would have found this blog indeed helpful and would dream of joining of the Indian Armed Forces and becoming an ADC one day soon.
JOIN TRISHUL DEFENCE ACADEMY TODAY FOR Defence Exam Preparation 2021
Do you wish to join the Indian Armed Forces? To serve the nation, the sky is the limit for you and what better option is there than to embark a career journey in Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Army.
Trishul Defence Academy, the best defence coaching institution in Northern India will help you make your dreams come true. Enrol yourself today to prepare for Air Force Entrance Exams 2021- AFCAT, AIR FORCE X AND Y GROUP, NDA, CDS.
Our dedicated and experienced faculty will provide the determined candidates with full overhaul training ranging from online classes, personality development sessions, crash course, physical training, mock tests, and much more.
Call and connect with us to book a seat for yourself for the upcoming batch of 2021-22. Special discount offer on booking at the earliest. For any query/inquiry you can connect us via the following ways: –
Read More Blog On- blog.trishuldefenceacademy.com
Twitter – https://twitter.com/trishuldefence
Address- Gayatri Dham, Millan Tower Behind Max Mall, Civil Lines, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh 211001
Mobile No- 8400083030