INDIAN NAVY MR SELECTION PROCESS: Indian Navy MR (Matric Recruit) is a non-commissioned level exam conducted by the Indian Navy for several posts of Sailors for recruitment as Chefs, Stewards, and Hygienists. It is held twice a year. The first phase includes the online written test and qualifying it makes the candidates eligible for the second phase of the Physical Fitness Test.
In this blog, we shall discuss every important related to the Indian Navy MR Exam. It will include the Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Important Dates Etc. Towards the end of this blog, you would have the basic idea of the Indian Navy Exam.
Navy MR Educational Qualification & Age Limit
Candidate must have passed the Matriculation Examination (Class 10th) from any recognized Educational Board Of India. Subjects- Mathematics, Physics with One of the Following Subject Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science.
Age Limit- Candidates should’ve between 17-20 years of age.
Indian Navy MR – Selection Process.
Indian Navy MR selection process consists of the following stages:-
Stage-I Computer Based Online Written Examination
Stage-II Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
Stage-III Medical Examination.
Stage-VI Merit List Announcement.
Stage- I Online Exam
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 50 questions, each carrying 01 marks.
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- The question paper will comprise two sections i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge.
(d) The standard of the question paper will be that of class 10th syllabus.
(e) Duration of examination will be 30 minutes.
(f) The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
(g) Penalty for Wrong Answer. Candidates should note that there will be a penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as a penalty.
Stage-II Physical Fitness Test.
Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection. PFT will consist of the following activities:-
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes,
- 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push-ups.
Note-Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Indian Navy MR – Medical Standards
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
(c) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008.
Navy MR TRAINING
Candidates who get selected undergo 15 weeks training at INS Chilikha. It is followed by professional training in different units. It contains Small Arms Training and Basic Physical Training.
Navy MR SYLLABUS:
Section A SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS:
- Nature of Matter, Universe (Planets/ Earth/ Satellites/ Sun), Electricity and its applications
- Force and Gravitation, Newton’s Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy, and Power3. Heat, Temperature, metals and NonMetals, Carbon and its Compounds, Measurements in Science, Sound & Wave Motion, Atomic Structure
- Mathematical Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Algebraic Identities, Linear Equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous Equations, Basic Trigonometry
- Simple Mensuration, Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency (Average, Median, and Mode)
- Interest, Profit, Loss and Percentage, Work, Time, Speed and Distance
SECTION B GENERAL AWARENESS :
- Geography: Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland, Harbours
2- Culture and Religion, Freedom Movement, Important National Facts about India, Heritage, Arts, and Dance
3- History, Defence, Wars and neighbors, Awards and Authors, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition
4- Current Affairs, Languages, Capitals and Currencies, Common Names, Full Forms and Abbreviations
5- Eminent Personalities, National : Bird/Animal/Sport/Flower/Anthem/ Song/Flag/Monuments
6- Sports : Championships / Winners/ Terms/ Number of Players
Looking To Prepare For NAVY MR 2021 ?