Sainik Schools are one of the renowned public residential schools in India. Sainik Schools around the country run through the Sainik School Society under the authority of Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India. These schools were conceived in the year 1961 with an aim to provide quality education to the boys of economically weaker sections of the country and to prepare them National Defence Academy(NDA) and Indian Naval Academy (INA).
- All Sainik Schools are affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- The academic curriculum followed by schools is common as per the CBSE directives that are issued from time to time.
- They provide compulsory NCC training.
- Sainik Schools prepare their students for the following examinations:
- All India Secondary School Examination at the end of class X
- All India Senior School Certificate Examination at the end of class XII
- Union Public Service Commission Examination for admission to the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy.
Admission Process In Sainik Schools:
The admission into all the Sainik Schools is based on a standard procedure:
- Admissions are done for classes VI and IX.
- Students have to write an all India entrance examination that is held annually.
- For class VI admission, boys aged 10 to 11 years are eligible to write the test; boys aged 13 to 14 are eligible to write the entrance exam for class IX.
- The test covers mathematics, language and intelligence for class VI, and mathematics, science, social studies and English for class IX.
- The written entrance examination is usually conducted on the same date for all the Sainik Schools, with a standard question paper.
- The questions for class VI are set in English, Hindi and all the recognized official languages.
- Question papers for class IX are set only in English and students are required to write their answers only in English.
- For class VI, 300 marks are allotted to the written test and 50 marks for the interview. For class IX, 400 marks are allotted to the written test and 50 for the interview.
- Marks obtained in both these will determine a candidate’s position in the merit list.
- 15% of the total seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 7 1/2% for Scheduled Tribes.
- Out of the remaining, 67% of the seats are reserved for the boys from the particular state in which the school is located.
- The other 33% is open to students from other states and union territories.
- 25% of seats are reserved for the children of service personnel and ex-servicemen.
Sainik School Admission Documents
Candidates have to upload a scanned copy of all the required copy in the registration form. They can check the list of all the documents below-
- Scanned passport sized photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Birth certificate for proof of date- Candidates can upload the migration certificate issued by the previous school or exact date mentioned on the service document or birth certificate issued by the competent authority such as Municipal Committee/ Corporation/Board.
- Domicile Certificate issued by the state govt.
- Caste Certificate issued by the state govt.
Category-wise seat criterion In Sainik School :
|Schedule Caste (SC)
|Schedule Tribe (ST)
AISSEE Sainik School Admission Application:
- For admission to Sainik Schools, interested candidates have to fill an online application.
- Candidates must be ready with all the documents and testimonials before filling the application form
The complete information about the online application process is as follows:
- Online Registration – Candidates have to visit www.sainikschooladmission.in first. Now they have to click on the online registration link and have to enter the required details such as mobile no, email ID, personal details, qualification, and other details. Once the details are submitted an application no. and password will be generated that will be intimated to the candidates through the registered mobile no and email.
- Uploading of Photograph and signature –Now candidates have to log in to the application page with the application no. and password. They have to upload a scanned copy of their recent colored passport sized photograph and signature in the format prescribed by the conducting authority.
- Online Payment –Once the form is filled, candidates have to make payment of the application fee. It can be paid through Credit card, Debit card or Net banking.
- After the payment of application fee, candidates can edit or make a correction in the application fee within 72 hours.
- Uploading Documents –After payment, students have to upload all the documents.
- Confirmation of Application fee –In this step, candidates can check the admit card by entering the application no. and password. The actual date of the exam, examination venue and time will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Submission of Application form –After the confirmation of application, form candidates have to make final submission of it. They also have to download and take a printout of the application form for future correspondence.
Sainik School Application fee:
- For General and Defence Category- Rs.400/-
- For SC/ST category- Rs.250/-
- Application fee can be paid through online mode.
- The application fee is non-refundable
For any query write us on the comment section below. You can also contact Trishul Defence Academy at the numbers provided below or get free counseling at your nearest centre of Trishul Defence Academy.
Trishul Defence Academy
Corporate office: -Gayatri Dham Building, Milan Tower, Behind Max Mall, Civil Lines, Prayagraj (U.P.) 211001, Contact: 8400083030
Branch Offices :
BAREILLY:– 35A Civil Lines, Chauki Chauraha, Near Amaya Hotel, Bareilly (U.P.) Contact : 9690502728
DEHRADUN : – 108C, Top Floor Haridwar Road, Above ICICI bank, Dharampur Branch, Dharampur, Dehradun Contact: 8400083030 / 7456083030
RANCHI: – 6th Floor Jagganath Tower, 403, Circular Road, Lalpur, Ahirtoli, Ranchi (Jharkhand) Contact: 9934113030
GWALIOR:- 106 MLB colony, Near Miss school, Padav, i.e. Gwalior Contact: 6262063030
Mail us at– email@example.com