The Indian Army will call for a full withdrawal of Chinese troops from all deadlocked locations in East Ladakh in the eighth round of Corps Commander level scheduled to be held on Friday. Official sources said this on Thursday. He said that the meeting would be held in the eastern Ladakh on Friday at 9.30 am on the Line of Actual Control (LAC) towards Indian territory.
About 50,000 soldiers of India are stationed at the mountainous heights to cope with any situation during the cold winter in eastern Ladakh. There has been no concrete result so far of several rounds of talks between the two countries in the past regarding this deadlock that has been going on for six months. According to officials, the Chinese army has also deployed about 50,000 soldiers.
The last round of Corps Commander level talks were held on October 12, but this too did not yield any concrete results. Foreign Minister S Jaishankar recently said that there is a serious tension between India and China and the agreements made by both sides regarding border management should be respected. In the eighth round of talks, the Indian delegation will be led by Lt Gen PGK Menon who is the new commander of the 14th Corps based at Leh.
After the previous round of talks, the two armies issued a joint statement that the two sides had agreed to maintain dialogue and connectivity through military and diplomatic channels so that a mutually agreed solution could be reached at the earliest. After the sixth round of military talks, the two sides announced some steps such as not sending more troops to the front, avoiding unilaterally changing positions on the ground, and not taking any action that would spoil the situation. India has been saying that it is the responsibility of China to remove the troops and reduce the tension.