Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi suggested the name of Justice Rajendra Menon to be as the new chairperson of Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT).
There are 14 vacancies in AFT as judicial members and also has 12 vacancies with respect to administrative members.
Justice Rajendra Menon ,retires from the post of Chief Justice of Delhi High court will succeed the Chairperson Justice Virender Singh.
Chairperson Justice Virender Singh retires on 6th October 2019.
The appointment file of Justice Menon is under consideration of the committe lead by PM Narendra Modi.
Brief Intro of Justice R. Menon
- He was born on 7 June 1957.
- He was a former Chief justice of Delhi High Court also served as Additional Judge in Gwalior Bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court.
- Before appointing Chief justice of Delhi High Court, he works as the Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
Brief Info of Armed Forces Tribunal
- It comes under the Armed Forced Act 2007.
- Another info is the bench of ART consists of Judicial and Administrative Member.
- It also looks after the disputes and give judicial decision of the Navy act(1957), Army act(1950) and Airforce act (1950).