After abolishment of Article 370 by Amit Shah presenting bill on 6 August.2019 . There was some changes and impact on people of Jammu & Kashmir. Before knowing the impact of Removal of article 370 we should know about Article 370 and article 35(A)
A brief of Article- 370 and Article 37 A
- Indian constitution give special privilege to Jammu & Kashmir according to Article 370.
- Under this article 370, the defence services, external affairs and communication related law are with the Government but rights for implementing laws for other factors are with state government and central government need assent of state government.
- Under this article Indian constitution did not even have the right to dismiss any law
- Due to which citizens have two citizenship (Kashmir another as Indian)
Article 35 A
- With this article any person can be handed by powers and rights for different uses and can be removed.
- In this article Jammu & Kashmir can announced citizenship itself only.
Impact on Jammu & Kashmir After Scrapping of Article 370
- J&K will be governed by central government.
- Single citizenship
- Any Indian citizen can purchase land or property in Jammu & Kashmir
- Any Indian citizen can settle in the J&K
- In any government office RTI can be filled.
- Tenure of Legislative assembly will be of 5 years
- Only Indian National Flag will be hosted
- No other constitution will be applicable
- Ladakh has been declared as separate union territory
- Reservation on Govt. jobs allowed in Jammu and Kashmir