As today’s world has many technologies to increase their powers in various field. In the defence, field technologies are used in various missiles to fight the battle and protect our Mother Land.
In this process of increasing the ability and efficiency Indian Army test-fired 2 Spike LR ( long-range ) anti-tank missiles from an Infantry School at Mhow, in Madhya Pradesh.
On this occasion, Indian Army Chief Gen Bipin Rawat and several commanders were present at the test-firing of a missile.
Spike LR Missile
- It is a 4th Generation missile which can target precision up to the range of 4km.
- This technology helps to boost the fire capacity of the Indian Army’s firepower.
- Spike LR missile is design and develop by Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems.
- As the missile focus their target fire and forget but the advance Spike missile target fire, observe and update.
- With the flexibility of the missile, the shooter can know the exact pinpoint and impact point of the targets.
- As a result, this missile is portable by man.
- Furthermore, it can destroy the bust bunkers and tanks within the range of 4 km.
- In Spike LR missile a seeker is inbuild in it which has two modes, day and night.
- The Day mode is (CCD) and night mode (IIR).
- Due to this feature the reliability of the missiles increases.
- The success rate of Spike missile all over the world is around 96 per cent.
- From the last 3 decades, Indian are using second-generation missiles which becomes outdated, so the third generation missile is needed.
- In 2011 a Request for Proposal (RFP) was floated for over 8000 missiles to Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) and Spike missile was the only one to qualify after going through a complex procurement process.
- However, the government focuses on undergoing the development of indigenously missiles with DRDO.
- Indian Army to meet the current need of operational requirement developed the Spike LR missile in limited quantity.
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) completes the negotiation of the proposal in 2016.
India is the 33rd country in the world who include Spike LR as part of its invention.
- It is the land-based branch of Indan Armed forces.
- Indian Army formed in 1776 under the British government.
- The motto of the Indian Army is ” Service before Self”.
- Indian Army occupies bigger component than other branches of Indian Armed forces.
- The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Indian Army.
- Chief of Army Staff (COAS), who is a four-star general who commands the Indian Army.
- Indian army is the biggest volunteer in the world.
- Indian Armed soldiers are the best in jungle, mountains high altitude welfare.
Corporate office: -Gayatri Dham Building, Milan Tower, Behind Max Mall, Civil Lines, Prayagraj (U.P.) 211001, Contact: 8400083030
Branch Offices :
AGRA:- 16,17,18 Balaji Complex Silver City, Gwalior Road Agra Cantt
Contact : 6399013030
BAREILLY:– 35A Civil Lines, Chauki Chauraha, Near Amaya Hotel, Bareilly (U.P.) Contact : 9690502728
RANCHI:- 6th Floor Jagganath Tower, 403, Circular Road, Lalpur, Ahirtoli, Ranchi (Jharkhand) Contact: 9934113030
GWALIOR:- 106 MLB colony, Near Miss school, Padav, Gwalior Contact: 6262063030
Mail us at– firstname.lastname@example.org