As India is the 4th in terms of military strength ,to explore its strength various joint exercises organised day to day.
The joint exercise starts from last year 2018, it is a first edition of CORPAT.
On 16th October, 2019 the first ever exercise of navies between the two countries INDIA and BANGLADESH had been ended.
In this bilateral exercise these naval ship participates
- Indian Navy’s guided-missile destroyer Indian Naval Ship INS Ranvijay and ingeniously built missile Corvette INS Kuthar participates in the bilateral exercise.
- Whereas from Bangladesh’s BNS Ali Haider, a Type 053 frigate and BNS Shadinota, a Type 056 stealth guided missile corvette.
- The exercise held from 12th October to 16th October .
- The exercise focus on the communication and sharing best practice of the Navies.
- They share practices in flying operations and other seamanship evolution.
- This exercise focuses on the upgrading of the naval, aerial missions and practicing and maritime patrolling.
- In this exercise navy as well as airforce both practices their coordination.
- Navy integral helicopters also share practice and share part in patrolling over the seas.
- The main aim of the CORPAT practice and communication and patrolling for the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL).