IAF is organizing ultra- marathon from Kargil to Kohima for the celebration of Vijay Diwas named as K2K Glory Run.
The marathon will be flagged off by Air Chief Marshal B S Dhanoa in a ceremony held at Vayu Bahwan in New Delhi.
- It will begin on 21 September 2019 and will packed up on 6 November 2019
- It will commence from Kargil War Memorial at Dras (Jammu and Kashmir) to Kohima War Cementry in Kohima (Nagaland)
- The two (Kohima and Kargil) are the most outpost of India where two Indian battle were fought in 1944 and 1999.
- Its aim to give awareness for safety of pedestrians and launch of Fit India Movement.
- It will have team of 25 air warriors in which airmen, officers i women Flight lieutenant and Warrant officer.
- The merathon was led by Squadron leader Suresh Razdon
- The team is selected by various training and trials
- Adventure activities like campaigning outdoors, managing and surviving in different situations like snow rain.