Him Vijay exercise, the first ever mountain combat exercise of Indian army soldiers starts from 7 October 2019 in Arunachal Pradesh near China border.
Features of exercise
- First of all mobilization , communication and coordination of the troops in different situations is test.
- Due to mountainous situation how they face problems in mountainous region this exercise is conduct.
- Another feature of exercise organise at a height of 14,000 feet it is also 110 km away from the Line of Actual Control(LAC).
- The exercise conduct in two phases and also three groups consists of 4000 soldiers in each group participate.
- The exercise focus not only land battle but mountain and aerial battle also.
- Army helicopter helps to provide necessary equipment.
- The main significance of the Exercise is to test the capability of the Integrated Battle Groups(IBGs).
What is IBG
- It was created in year 2018., They will be mobilize with 12 to 48 hours based on location.
- Therefore Main purpose is to quickly attack on enemy.
- It will include heavy firepower that will include infantry, armour, artillery, engineers, support units, logistics. It will prepare all the units for the war.