TheGovernment of India has announced the Bharat Ratna Awardees . Bharat Ratna award is India’s highest civilian honour given by the President of India. Our Former President Pranab Mukherjee, Late singer Bhupen Hazarika and late RSS leader Nanaji Deshmukh were awarded Bharat Ratna on 8 August at a grand ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
In the ceremony Vice President M.Venkaiya Naidu, PM Narendra Modi and several Union Ministers were present. from Congress leaders Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Janardan Dwivedi, Ahmed Patel and Anand Sharma were present.
Bharat Ratna was announced after the gap of 4 years. In 2015 PM Narendra Modi’s first session this honour is given to Atal Bihari Vajpayeeand founder of BHU Madan Mohan Malviya.
About Pranab Mukherjee
- He was the 13th President of India
- He served the nation between 2012 and 2017
- He was the 5th President to be honoured by Bharat Ratna
- Other Presidents were Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Zakir Hussain and VV Giri.
- He is the youngest Finance Minister
- He was the first president to lead key ministers.
About Bhupen Hazarika
- He is a popular Assamese musician and filmmaker
- He was born on 8 September 1926 and passed on November 5, 2011
- He completed his Ph.D from Columbia University
- He played important role to bring Assamese culture , tradition int Hindi cinema
- He was a singer, playback singer, lyricist, poet , musician, and filmmaker
- He is also a politician.
- He was also awarded by
- Padma Shri in 1977
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 1987
- Dada Saheb Phalke Award in 1992
- Padma Bhushan in 2001
- Padma Vibhushan posthumously in 2012.
- Bharat Ratna award is recieved by his son Tej.
About Nanaji Deshmukh
- He was born on October 11, 1916 in Hingoli
- He set up a school which is RSS inspired all over India
- He is infatuated with RSS till his death in 2010
- He was one of a founder of Bhartiya Jana Sangh (BJP)
- He served as Lok Sabha MP
- he was the one of the key members of JP Narayan’s movement against emergency in 1975.
- His Bharat Ratna award was recieved by the Virendrajeet Singh, Chairman of Deendayal Research Institute
With the latest announcement the total number of Bharat Ratna awardees has gone up to 48