Indian Airforce Wing Commander Shalija Dhami becomes the country’s first female officer who assigned for the post of flying commander of a flying unit.
She will take over of a Chetak helicopter unit at Hindon airbase in Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh. Flight commander is 2nd in position after commanding officer.
About Shalija Dhami
- She was born in Ludhiana ,in Punjab.
- 1st woman of IAF who got permanent commissioning officer for a long time
- Also a 1st woman to qualified flying instructor.
- She also flown Chetak and Cheetah helicopters.
- Consequently her promotion is the path towards commanding unit of women officers
- Appointment of Wing Commander Shalija Dhami sets a milestones
- She is also 1st flying commander of operations unit.