Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
(Assistant Commandant in BSF/CRPF/CISF/ITBP/SSB)
Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Examination is the premier examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission for the reputed post of Assistant Commandant in various Para military forces (BSF/CRPF/CISF/ITBP/SSB) under Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). A candidate aspiring to be an AC in theses above given forces must be Graduate or final year appearing with 20-25 years of age. This examination is conducted once in a year with the written examination, Physical Efficiency Test and Personality test to be passed by a candidate to ensure final selection.
Let’s check out some of the important basic eligibility criteria and other details. Candidates are advised to ensure to fulfill these requirements before applying.
|Vacancies||150 -200 Seats/ Year|
|Age Limit, Gender & Marital Status||20 to 25, Male/Female & Unmarried|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation passed or appearing in any stream|
|Selection Procedure||Written Exam
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|Training||1 Year training|
Nationality-Citizen of India
Gender–Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for appointment to the post of Assistant Commandants.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August
- The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable.
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Up to a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.
|Exam||Forms Availability||Exam Date|
|CPF Exam 2018||25th April 2018 to 21st May 2018||8th August 2018|
|Paper-I||General Ability and Intelligence||125||250||3 Hours|
|Paper-II||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||200||3 Hours|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|100 Metre Race||16 Seconds||18 Seconds|
|200 Metre Race||3 Minutes 45 Seconds||4 Minutes 45 Seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Metres (In 3 Chances)||3 Metres (In 3 Chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 kgs)||4.5 Metres||–|
Medical Standards Test
Medical Standards Tests will be conducted under the supervision of a Nodal Authority to be appointed by the Ministry of Home Affairs as per the standards of Paramilitary Forces
Candidates, who are declared qualified in the Medical Standards Tests, will be called for Interview/Personality Test to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The Interview/Personality Test will carry 150 Marks.
The merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the Written Examination and Interview/Personality Test.
How to apply
Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in.