Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE) is an exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for induction into the Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and the Air-force). This is an examination conducted for the recruitment of the young graduates (both male and female.
The CDSE is held twice a year and it consists of three papers- English, General Knowledge and Mathematics. Those who qualify the exam are nominated to give the Service Selection Board (SSB) interview.
SSB Interview is five days long procedure which includes two stages of testing as stage I and stage 2 which covers general aptitude, psychological testing, and team skills as well as physical and social skills, along with medical tests.
One is required to give the choice among the three forces. If one clears the SSB, then as per the choice of service you go through training in
Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy & the Air force Academy.
But before pursuing for training, candidates go through a medical examination.
Medical Examination Procedure
Recommended candidates appear before the medical board for carrying out their medical board after the SSB results.
There are a few set norms for NDA Physical Standards or Physical Requirements. The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely in interfere with the efficient performance of military duties. There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or under weight.
Candidates are asked to stay in the SSB camp for 5 days more for their medical check- up.
- Day 1 – On the very first day, candidates undergo Blood test, Urine test, Chest X-ray, Ultrasound.
- Day 2 – This day goes entirely for the Eye check up.
- Day 3 – On the day Ear- Nose- Throat Test (ENT test) is
- Day 4 – Surgical Examination. (Height, weight, blood pressure, genitals, hypertension, anus)
- Day 5 –This day goes entirely for Dental check up and Medical conference.
Other than the above mentioned tests, below mentioned are the few extra tests are been conducted for the female candidates.
- A detailed menstrual and gynecological history in the form of a questionnaire is to be obtained from the candidate. A detailed physical and systemic examination will be carried out of the candidate and she should be examined by a lady Medical Officer or a lady Gynecologist only.
- The examination will include the following inspections
- External genitalia.
- Perineum Hernia.
- Candidates will be subjected to speculum examination for any prolapsed or growth on cervix or vagina.
- Ultrasound scan of the lower abdomen and pelvis is mandatory in all female candidates.
What if declared unfit?
Candidates who are declared unfit by the Review Medical Board, gets an option to challenge the decision and can be granted review of a medical procedure and will have 42 days to overcome their medical problems.
For any query write us on comment section below.You can also contact Trishul Defence Academy at the numbers provided below or get free counselling at your nearest centre of Trishul Defence Academy.
Trishul Defence Academy
Corporate office: -Gayatri Dham Building, Milan Tower, Behind Max Mall, Civil Lines, Prayagraj (U.P.) 211001, Contact: 8400083030
Branch Offices :
BAREILLY:– 35A Civil Lines, Chauki Chauraha, Near Amaya Hotel, Bareilly (U.P.) Contact : 9690502728
DEHRADUN : – 108C, Top Floor Haridwar Road, Above ICICI bank, Dharampur Branch, Dharampur, Dehradun Contact: 8400083030
RANCHI: – 6th Floor Jagganath Tower, 403, Circular Road, Lalpur, Ahirtoli, Ranchi (Jharkhand) Contact: 9934113030
GWALIOR:- 106 MLB colony, Near Miss school, Padav, i.e. Gwalior Contact: 6262063030
Mail us at– firstname.lastname@example.org