INDIAN ARMY (PERMANENT COMMISSION) 10+2 TECHNICAL ENTRY SCHEME
INDIAN ARMY (PERMANENT COMMISSION) 10+2 TECHNICAL ENTRY SCHEME
Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme is an entry which grants commission in the technical branches of Indian Army. Candidates aged between 16½ to 19½ years with 70% or more marks in PCM in 10+2 can apply. This entry is notified twice in a year for which training course starts in January and in July. After completion of 4 years Military and Technical training candidates are granted permanent commission in the technical branches of Indian Army.
Commencement of Training-
Let’s check out some of the important basic eligibility criteria. Candidates are advised to ensure to fulfill these requirements before applying.
A candidate must either be:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
A candidate must not be below 16½ years and above 19½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is commencing.
Note 1-The date of birth accepted by the office is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving certificate or in the certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificate mentioned above.
Note 2-Candidate should note only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of application will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Note 3-Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records, no change will be allowed subsequently or a subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
Note 4-Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
Only those candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from recognized education boards are eligible to apply for this entry. Eligibility condition for calculating PCM % of various state /central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
90 Vacancies are provisional and can be changed depending on the training capacity at the training Academy for this course. The vacancies are subject to increase/decrease keeping the organizational requirement at the point of time.
TYPE OF COMMISSION:
On successful completion of 4 years of the course cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
Total training will be 5 years, Details are given below:
(a) Basic Military Training: 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
(b) Technical Training: (i) Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad), (ii) Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad.
(c) Award of Degree: The candidates will be awarded Engineering degree after successful completion of training .No ante date seniority will be admissible to candidates on account of this Engineering degree. In case they fail to qualify in the following year examination, the same will result in loss of seniority to them and they will forfeit seniority to the extent of delay in passing Engineering degree examination. If they fail to qualify even within three years of their commissioning, their commission will be terminated.
(a) Candidates will be shortlisted based on cut % applied as decided by the Indian Army Recruiting Directorate.
(b) Shortlisted candidates will be intimated via e-mail /SMS regarding their Selection Centre allotment.
(c) Once Selection Centre has been allotted, candidates will select their SSB dates on first cum first serve basis by logging on to respective Selection Centre links forwarded via e-mail.
(d) Short listed candidates will be put through Services Selection Board (SSB) interview at Kapurthala, Bhopal, Bengaluru or Allahabad.
(e) Duration of SSB interview is five days. During their stay at SSB, Candidates are put through Psychological Tests, Group Tests and an Interview.
(f) Candidates will be put through stage – I of the selection procedure on the first day. Only successful candidates shall be retained for balance of the testing. Candidates who fail to qualify in stage – I, will be returned on the first day itself. Stage I are psychologically originated tests including intelligence test.
(g) Successful candidates at the SSB will be required to undergo medical tests lasting 3 to 5 days less Sundays and gazetted holidays.
(h) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available.
(j) The finally selected candidates will execute all the Bonds/Certificates as prescribed for the Cadets of NDA entry under Al 53/78.
(k) Candidates appearing for SSB interview for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled for AC III tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation cum sleeper charges within the Indian limits. Candidates who apply again for the same type of commission will not entitled to travelling allowance on any subsequent occasion.
GUIDELINES FOR PHYSICAL STANDARDS FOR ADMISSION TO THE 10+2 (TES) ENTRY PERMANENT COMMISSION
- Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards. The guidelines for the same are given below: A number of qualified candidates are rejected subsequently on medical grounds. Candidates are, therefore, advised in their own interest to get themselves medically examined before submitting their applications to avoid disappointment at the final stage.
- Candidates are also advised to rectify minor defects/ailments in order to speed up finalisation of medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB. The under mentioned ailments are considered, common minor ailments:- (i) Wax (Ears), (ii) DNS, (iii) Hydrocele/ phimosis, (iv) Overweight/Underweight, (v) Piles, (vi) Gynecomastia, (vii) Tonsillitis, (viii) Varicocele.
- Candidates declared unfit during Appeal Med. Board will be intimated about the provision of Review Med. Board.
- The candidates must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which is likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or under weight.
- The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms. For Gorkhas and individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern regions of India, Garhwal and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5cms. less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- Height and weight standards are given below:-
Note-A 10% departure from the average weight given in the Table 1 above is to be considered within normal limits. However, in individuals with heavy bones and broad built and as well as individuals with thin built otherwise healthy, this may be relaxed to some extent on merit. Note: Height relaxation upto 2.5 cm. may be allowed where the Medical Board certifies that the candidate is likely to grow and come up to the required standard on completion of his training.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Application will only be accepted online. To do so the candidate needs to click on the “online application” button on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Candidates must enter their particulars in the online application. Terms and conditions linked to the form must be read, prior to submitting the form.
- After submitting the form an acknowledgement with a Roll number will be provided to the candidate. If the system does not generate Roll Number, it is an indication of non acceptance of application by the system.
- After submitting online application, candidates are required to obtain two copies of the application printout and the Roll Number generated by the system. One copy of the print out application duly Signed by the candidate will be carried to the selection centre for the SSB interview.
- Following documents will be carried along with the Application Form:-
- Class 10th certificate / mark sheet showing DOB in original.
- Class 12th certificate / mark sheet in original.
- ID proof in original
- Two self attested photocopies of the above mentioned certificates will be submitted at the time of SSB interview and originals will be returned after verification at the SSB itself.
- 20 copies of self attested PP size photograph will also be carried along with the Application Form.
- The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference. No need to send any hard copy to DG Rtg / Rtg Dte.
- Candidates must submit only one application; Receipt of multiple applications from the same candidate will result in cancellation of candidature.