IAF-NCC SPECIAL ENTRY
Every year Indian Air Force Invites applications from Enterprising & Adventurous Indian Citizens (Men And Women) To Join The Indian Air Force As Commissioned Officers In Flying Branch. To be eligible to apply for this entry a candidate must be between the age group of 20 to 24 Graduation passed in any stream with 60% & 12th passed with 60% marks each in Physics & Maths. Apart from that he/she must hold NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate.
|Entry||AF NCC Entry|
TYPE OF COMMISSION
(a) PC for Men. Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation as per their branch and rank.
(b) SSC for Men & Women.
(i) The engagement period for Flying Branch SSC officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Not extendable).
(ii) The initial tenure for SSC officers in Ground Duty (Tech and Non-tech) Branches would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, suitability, service requirements and availability of vacancies.
|a) NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate &
b) Graduation passed in any stream with 60% & 12th passed with 60% marks each in Physics & Maths
Note-Candidates appearing in final year/semester examinations may apply for all courses provided they fulfill the following conditions:-
(a) Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 60% marks up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared at the time of online submission and at the time of AFSB.
AGE, GENDER, MARITAL STATUS
|FLYING||20 to 24 years||Men/Women (Unmarried)|
- Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of the course.
- Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are ineligible.
HOW TO APPLY-
Apply online on https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in
TYPE OF COMMISSION
- Permanent Commission for Men-Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation.
- Short Service Commission for Men & Women.
(a) The engagement period for SSC Flying Branch is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Not extendable).
(b) The initial tenure for SSC officers in Ground Duty (Tech) and Ground Duty (Non-Tech) Branches would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to willingness, suitability, service requirements and availability of vacancies.
|FLYING||(a) Height: 162.5 cms, Leg Length: Min – 99 cms, Max -120 cms. Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms, Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms. Max – 96 cms.
(b) Weight: Proportionate to the height and age. (c) Applicable for Men & Women both.
|GROUND DUTY-NON TECHNICAL||(a)Height: The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms. For women candidate’s minimum acceptable height is 152 cms. (For Gorkhas and individual belonging to hills of North Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cms less. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height will be by 2 cms less. Applicable to men and women). (b) Weight: Proportionate to the height and age.
- SSB Interview
- Medical Examination will be conducted at AFCME, New Delhi or IAM Bengaluru based on the recommendations at AFSB.
- Non-reporting of candidates on allotted date for medicals could lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and declared medically fit will be detailed for training if the candidates qualifies in the final merit list, depending on the number of vacancies available in various branches/ sub branches.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained during the testing at AFSB.
|Flying and Ground Duty (Technical) Branches||74 weeks||Air Force Academy
(AFA) Dundigal, Hyderabad
|Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches||52 weeks|
- Training is scheduled to commence in the first week of Jan .
- After admission to the Air Force Academy, candidates will not be considered for any other commission. They will also not be permitted to appear for any interview or examination after they have been finally selected for training in the Air Force Academy.
IAF OFFERS YOU-
- Pay (As per 7 CPC).
(a) Flying Branch:- 85,372/-
(b) Ground Duty (Tech) Branch:-74,872/-
(c) Ground Duty (Non-tech) Branch:- 71,872/-
NOTE-Flight cadets shall receive a fixed stipend of Rs 56,100/- per month for the period of training.
- Allowances-In addition to pay, allowances are applicable based on nature of duty/ place of posting and includes Flying, Technical, Field Area, Special Compensatory (Hill area), Special Force, Siachen, Island Special Duty, Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer, Area and Remote Locality Allowance.
- Privileges-Air Force Officers are entitled to furnished accommodation, comprehensive medical cover for self and dependents, Canteen, Officers’ Mess facilities, loans at subsidized rates, LTC(Leave Travel Concession) and leave (60 days annual and 20 days casual) subject to service exigencies.
- Insurance-75 Lakhs Insurance Cover (on contribution) is applicable to serving officers. Additional cover of Rs.10 Lakhs (on contribution) is applicable to Flying Branch Officers.
- Sports and Adventure-Indian Air Force provides state of the art facilities to play various sports. In addition to sports, officers have an opportunity to participate in various adventure sports such as sky diving, micro light flying, mountaineering, water rafting etc.
For further information visit-www.trishuldefenceacademy.com or call-8400083030.