World’s largest Kaleshwaram irrigation project was inaugurated on 21 June 2019
The world’s largest project Kaleshwaram irrigation project is inaugurated on 21 june 2019 by Telangana CM K. Chandrashekhar Rao . It was inaugurated at Medigadda district.This project is constructed to solve drinking water issues and drought issues of Telanga areas. The water for this project will be taken from Godavari river basin. It cost 45000 crore.
- It is the longest and biggest irrigation system in the world.
- It has underground pumping station spread in 150 metres
- The KLIP package 8 pumping station underground
- Its Total Length is 1832 km
- Its Total Gravity Canal Length is 1531km
- Its Total Tunnel Length is 203 (Not Single Tunnel)
- Its Pressure pipe line is 98 km
- Its Total Lifts is 20 NOs
- Its Toal Pump houses is 19 NOs
- Its Total Pumps is 88 NOs
- Its Power Requirement is 4627.24 MW
- Its Power Consumption is 13558 MU
- Its New Reservoirs is 20 NOs
- Its Old and Excising Reservoirs is 5 NOs
- Its Live Storage is 147.71 TMC
- Its has five floors.The fourth floor houses Transformer Bay, third floor has a Control Room. The second floor is a Battery and Motor room and first floor IT panel and Pump Floor. The ground floor has a compressor.
- It will mainly give advantages to the farmers to improve irrigation and improvement in employement. it will give advantages to flora and auna Telangana. the agriculture, greenery will be blemished by this project.
- Increase in prduction of crops , commercial benefits , diversiy, prosperity such improvement can be done by this irrigation project.