Trishul Defence Academy congratulates IAF on successful test of Astra Missile
A branch of defence system, Indian Airforce tested a missile named ‘ Astra’ on September 17 2019 from Odisha .It is an aerial target based missile launched by Su-30 MKI on trial. It is capable of setting target of different ranges from different altitude.
Various radar tracking system , keep an eye on it’s working and also on its functioning .
The test was being done by DRDO and IAF further Defence minister Rajnath Singh congratulated on the successful test.
About Astra Missile
- India’s first indigenous air to air missile.
- It is beyond the visual range.
- This missile can target from various ranges and altitude.
- Missile’s strike speed is 70 km and also speed is 5,555 km per hour.
- It can carry 15-20 kg explosive items.
- Astra Missile will indulged with another aircraft like mirage ,Tejas etc.