Personalities selected for the awards of Sangeet Natak Akademi Ratna Award 2018
Sangeet Natak Akademi , the National Academy of Music, Dance and Drama , has selected 4 personalities for the Akademi Ratna awards for 2018. This award is given to the personalities related to the field of performing arts
- Zakir Hussain(tabla), Sonal mansingh(dance), Jatin Goswami(dancer & Choreographer) and K. Kalyanasundaram(Bharatnatyam) were choose for this prestigious award for 2018.
- The award will be presented by President Ram Nath Kovind at a special ceremony.
- The General Council of SNA held on 26 June 2019 at Guwahati, Assam where the personalities were selected .
- The Council selected 44 artists for this award for 2018
- The personalitiess are selected from the field of Music, Dance, Theatre Having Traditional, Folk and Tribal genres, Puppetry and overall contribution and fellowship to SNA 2018.
- These 44 selection includes 3 Joint awards
- Total no of artists selected in each field
- Music – 11 artists have been selected
- Dance – 9 artist have been selected
- Theatre – 9 artists have been selected
- Traditional/ Folk/ Tribal /Music / Dance/ Theatre / Puppetry- 10 artists have been selected
- Overall contribution/ Scholarship -2 selected
About Sangeet Natak Akademi Award
- This award is begin in 1952 and the highest award to the artists.
- This honour represents not aonly the achievent but the contributions for the incredible work in the define fields.
- These award have honours having different prize money
- Akademic Fellow – Rs 3,00,00(3 lakh)
- Akademi Award- Rs. 1,00,000(1 lakh)
LIST OF THE SELECTED PERSONALITIES
- Mani Prasad – Hindustani Vocal
- Madhup Mudgal – Hindustani Vocal;
- Tarun Bhattacharya – Hindustani Instrumental – Santoor
- Tejendra Narayan Majumdar – Hindustani Instrumental – Sarod
- Alamelu Mani -ACarnatic Vocal
- Malladi Suribabu – Carnatic Vocal
- S. Kasim and S. Babu (Joint Award) – Carnatic Instrumental – Nagaswaram
- Ganesh and Kumaresh (Joint Award) – Carnatic Instrumental – Violin
- Suresh Wadkar – Other Major Traditions of Music – Sugam Sangeet
- Shanti Hiranand – other major traditions of music – Sugam Sangeet
- H. Ashangbi Devi – other major traditions of music – Nata Sankirtana, Manipur.
- Radha Sridhar for Bharatanatyam
- Ishira and Maulik Shah (Joint Award) for Kathak
- Akham Lakshmi Devi for Manipuri
- Pasumurthy Ramalinga Sastry for Kuchipudi
- Surupa Sen for Odissi
- Tankeswar Hazarika Borbayan for Sattriya
- Gopika Varma for Mohiniattam
- Tapan Kumar Pattanayak for Chhau
- Deepak Mazumdar for Contemporary Dance.
- Rajiv Naik for Playwriting
- Laltluangliana Khiangte for Playwriting
- SanjayAUpadhyay for Direction
- S. Raghunandana for Direction
- Suhas Joshi for Acting
- Teekam Joshi for Acting
- Swapan Nandy for Mime
- Bhagawat A.S. Nanjappa – other major traditions of theatre – Yakshagana
- A.M. Parameswaran Kuttan Chakkiyar – other major traditions of theatre – Kutiyattam.
Traditional/Folk/Tribal music/Dance/Theatre and puppetry
- Malini Awasthi, Folk Music, Uttar Pradesh
- Gazi Khan Barna, Folk Music – Khartal, Rajasthan
- Narendar Singh
- Negi, Folk Song, Uttarakhand
- Mohd. Sadiq Bhagat, Folk Theatre (Bhand Pather), J&K
- Kota Sachidanand Shastry, Harikatha, Andhra Pradesh
- Arjun Singh Dhruve, Folk Dance, Madhya Pradesh
- Somnath Battu, Folk Music, Himachal Pradesh
- Anupama Hoskere, Puppetry (String), Karnataka
- Hem Chandra Goswami, Mask Making, Assam.
Overall Contribution/Scholarship in the Performing Arts
- Diwan Singh Bajeli
- Puru Dadhich